WEEK ONE: Review Questions 1-8
After carefully reading and taking notes on Chapter 1, test your knowledge by answering the following review questions (found on page 29 of your textbook).
- What did you think of when you encountered the word argument before reading this chapter? What do you think now?
- Provide three examples of your own to illustrate the statement: "Argument is everywhere." One of your examples should be a visual argument.
- Describe traditional and consensual argument. Give two examples of each.
- What are some of the conditions necessary for argument to work best?
- What are some of the conditions that may cause an argument to fail.
- Give two examples of an ethical argument and two examples of an unethical argument.
- How has the role of the audience changed in the world of digital argument?
- Identify four sources of arguable issues.